While lead generation focuses on the 5% of companies currently in the market, demand generation aims to capture the other 95% that are not actively looking to buy.
In this episode, Deanna Shimota discusses the three legs of a successful demand generation strategy: the website, managed channels, and third-party channels. She emphasizes creating targeted content for your ideal customer profile.
Deanna highlights the importance of balancing short-term lead generation with long-term demand generation. By focusing on both, companies can drive revenue now while also building a strong foundation for future growth.
She’s on top of every tech trend and social media modulation. She’s used her skills and expertise to catapult multiple technology companies into high-growth mode.
Quote from Deanna Shimota on Episode 116 of Paris Talks Marketing
Here are some of the key topics that Deanna and Paris discussed in this episode:
• 00:00 Intro
• 02:14 Demand Gen vs. Lead Gen
• 06:00 The 3 content distribution channels for demand gen
• 10:50 Tapping into existing audiences when you are a niche SaaS business
• 13:41 How to allocate your marketing budget to the right channels
• 14:05 Zero-cost marketing: brand ambassadors
• 16:13 The power of omni-channel marketing
• 17:33 What is your most profitable client?
• 20:03 Developing your demand gen engine
• 21:10 Documented strategy vs. Random Acts of Marketing
• 24:41 Is LinkedIn the new Blog?
Listen to the episode to discover why “Marketing should become your best sales rep.”
With different themes, each PTM podcast episode provides a well-rounded perspective that includes our host’s own insights.
Don’t miss out on the Marketing Strategy theme of our podcast!