Bryan Clayton is the CEO and co-founder of GreenPal. It’s an online marketplace that connects homeowners with Local lawn care professionals. Entrepreneur magazine called GreenPal the “Uber for lawn care”. No doubt, it has over 200,000 active users completing thousands of daily transactions.
Before starting GreenPal, Bryan founded Peachtree Inc., one of the largest landscaping companies in Tennessee. Peachtree Inc grew over $10 million a year in annual revenue before it was acquired by Lusa holdings in 2013.
Bryan‘s interest and expertise are related to entrepreneurialism, small business growth, and marketing. But most of all, he knows how to bootstrap businesses from zero revenue to profitability and exit.
Here are some of the key topics that Bryan and Paris discussed in this episode:
• (2:57) Success story: The transition from a blue-collar entrepreneurship success story into GreenPal, a tech startup
• (8:48) How to resist the temptation to expand into other product categories
• (13:44) How local SEO turned GreenPal into a success story
• (15:45) What’s the best local SEO strategy to compete with
• (33:19) How a bootstrapped business beat its funded competitors
• (36:19) The “Atomic Habits” of starting a business and getting it going
Book, Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones, by James Clear
Listen to the episode with Bryan to find out his success story of growing a business from 0 to 8 figures with no outside capital.
And don’t forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform for more practical tips and stories! ⏳